Sunday, November 8, 2009

The dress story

"I don’t like telling my story to people but if that is what you need to see if I can get the dress so be it. My husband lost his job July 4th. I am the only income with a family of 6. Myself, husband, 3 boys and a girl. The boys for the most part have clothes I always have to buy new for my daughter. I am looking for a dress for her. I work 2 jobs and go to school. My husband is my daycare provider right now because no jobs he has looked at will pay enough for us to get a daycare. We have tried to get help with daycare but are told since an adult it there we are not eligiable for assistance for daycare help. We are a very proud family and if I have never told you this story you would probably have not know this about us if you met us out somewhere. I try to make sure my kids are always clean, fed and look presentable. My husband has been trying but I told him not to bother right now due to I may have to change my jobs to a different shift due to school and then he could start up then. That is my story in a nut shell."

So we had arranged a time, that I would meet her after she got off work, and I got there early, and waited about 15 minutes, and still didn't see her. So I got frustrated and left. All too many times I've had people not show up for CL things. So in my human nature, I sent her an e-mail and said, "I'm really sorry that you weren't there to get it, because it was a waste of my time(45 minutes round trip), to go out of my way, to try and do something nice for someone, only to have them not show up. I sincerely wanted to help you out. " and then I re-posted the ad, because I was so upset.

Later that night I received a response from her,"I am sorry for your time being wasted. I am sorry you feel that way. if you are willing to allow me to come to you and get it that would be great and I would be willing to do that so you don't have to travel. If you are just mad completely and don't want to bother I understand. I was there I just got out a little late. I didn't see anyone and went on home. Again I am sorry for your incontinences that was no my intention."

I admit, I was upset and thought about giving it to someone else, but God changed my heart, and I felt that she was being sincere, and so she came to my house later in the week to pick up the dress. Before she got there, I went through Grace's closet to see what else I could find that her 5 yr old little girl could have. I had already given away all her clothes and shoes in that size, but I managed to find, a cute skirt, hannah montana dress that was new, and had been given to grace, a gap bathrobe, and a cute pink spring dress. I wish that I could have found more to give her that would fit. The mom was very thankful when she picked it up, and I think a little suprised at all the extra. She later e-mailed me and said, "Thanks again. All was VERY appreciated. She was so excited to get those things. Thank you." She also said, "she was so excited that she modeled the dress and asked her brother to dance with her." How sweet is that :) So God prevailed, even through my anger outburst, and this little girl was blessed with some almost new things that brought her so much joy.

No comments: