I was planning on going back to work anyways when Mr.B starts all day Kindergarten next fall, but this timing just worked out better than I thought. Since it's evenings, I'll still have days free during the school year and summer to do activities together like we always have, and then Seavie will watch them in the evening. So with this job and aapc, it will be like having a 32+ hr week job. Since we now have a car payment for the first time in 6 years, we are adament about getting our debt payed off asap. Our goal is to be debt free of all c.c. debt that is 99% home improvement related and our car loan, within the next 18 months to 2 years at the most. Then start knocking out our mortgage. After all the debt is paid, I wouldn't have to work anymore, besides aapc, and would have the burden of debt completely lifted. I'm so looking forward to that day. To hopefully be completely debt free by the time we're 40. I can dream right? Looking forward to the 30's being much better than the 20's in regards to living more freely and being able to give more than we've ever been able to. It's the last step in Dave Ramsey's plan that I'm looking forward to the most- Give like no one else. I just can't wait to get ahead for the first time in our married life after struggling with finances for almost 10 years, I'm just ready for that old chapter to be done with and actually feel like an adult.
Monday, November 21, 2011
Another new job
So in the last few weeks, I've gone from having one part time job, to 3 part time jobs. I'm still at aapc and will stay there forever if they let me :) so that will never change. After checking with my bosses there first, I started looking into PT seasonal jobs to work just Nov-Jan to get a little extra income. I applied to 3 retail places, and heard back from all of them with offers, but just accepted one. So I've made it through the orientation and 3 days of "training" and running the register again. I would have never thought I'd make it back to the world of retail after it's been almost 7 years since I swore I never would. The place were I'm at, the environment is very positive, most employees and managers are women, and that makes a huge difference in avoiding potential harrasment issues, etc. like I'd had in the past. So lucky me gets to work the evening on Black Friday, here's to hoping I survive that. Then a few days after I accepted this retail job, I got a call from a local hospital where I'd applied to a few weeks before offering me a job there. So I'll be starting that at the end of November/early December. It will be PT weekday evenings. I'll possibly stay on with retail just on weekends through December if I'm needed. I'm so excited about the hospital job though, because I used to volunteer there in HS for 2 years, and am very familiar with the building etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment