Braden has a book entitled,"See the Country, See the City," by Zonderkidz. I love this book, but especially the note in the back of the book under Mom's moment. It says, "Hear God's voice in the wonders of Creation." In all you see around you, he says, "I love you, my child."
There are several things that I'm in awe of God's creations, the first being Sunsets. I absolutely love sunsets. When I was in college, they had the most amazing multi-color sunsets that I had ever seen. I feel like God has painted this beautiful masterpiece just for us to enjoy. I also love it when the individual rays of light come through the clouds in all different directions. I feel so close to God when I'm able to witness the beauty of his creation. It also reminds me of the word picture that was so beautifully painted in one of the last Left Behind books when Jesus comes back and comes through the clouds, shining in his glory. I think of how amazing it will be someday, if I'm around to witness that if it's in my lifetime!
And clouds.....I had the most amazing time flying home from Arizona with Grace. Grace was so excited about flying, and of course had to sit by the window. She loved looking out the window and seeing that we were either, flying through a cloud, or flying on top of all the clouds. She said, "are we going up to Heaven to see Jesus?" and, " is this where God and Jesus live?" The clouds that day were especially beautiful. They were in formations that almost looked like they could be mountains with cities within them. I had the best talk with Grace about how God created all these clouds, and the sky, and that it was almost like a glimpse of what Heaven might be like. I switched places with Grace, and was sitting next to the window. The sun had just started setting over all the top layers of clouds, and I felt so drawn to the beauty in total awe of God's creation. In all the busyness of people reading and talking and being on their computers, with their windows drawn, and I had some amazing quiet time with God, and felt so close to him, that I could just admire beauty from above forever!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment