My hubby bought the stained glass piece for my b'day last year, and it made the perfect addition to the 1/2 bath/laundry room. I wanted outdoor lights as the wall sconces, to keep in the character of being the original back porch. I think it gives it a little industrial feel.
I convinced him to tear out the ceilings, which were 7' tall, and now are about 9' tall at the highest point. This was part of the original back porch to the house, and it had beadboard ceilings, which we put back in, to keep with the character of the space. I have an antique washboard displayed, and still need to display my antique laundry wringer on top of the cabinet. I think they serve as a great contrast to old and new innovations in the world of laundry.
Before, this large space was just the laundry room-with a regular washer and dryer. We decided that with just one bathroom in the house, it would be nice to add another one, since it's kind of hard for 4 people to share 1 bathroom. So we parted with our old appliances, and bought LG stackable W/D last November at an awesome HD sale. They are amazing!
This is a view looking out to the hallway. Our 5 paneled doors are still waiting to be installed (they were our free find-Heart Pine,and they are gorgeous) My hubby custom made all the door and window trim in all 3 remodel areas. Complete with plinth blocks, and tall base trim for a historic look. It matches the original profile to the upstairs woodwork.
2 comments:
Awesome!! I'm so jealous! =)
Totally had to laugh after reading this post. I kid you not when I say I just picked this EXACT paint color - Toffee Crunch by Behr for my parents master bath and 1/2 bath THIS WEEK. It was painted Wednesday and looks rockin'. I dig the look of mixing the old with the new. You are so fortunate to own those antiques to add to the mix.
Post a Comment