So I just found out a week or so ago that our previous FD and FS were moved to their 3rd home, but this time they were separated. And the case has gone to TPR. It was very devastating to me to hear the news, knowing it's the best for the kids, but my heart still hurts because for those 3 months they were with us, they were our kiddos. They will always have a special place in our hearts. It's hard not to feel guilt over the whole situation. I have to keep going back to the fact that it wasn't a safe situation for our family to be in.
Our new kiddos have been with us almost 2 months. It's hard to believe it's gone by so fast. It's a much better fit this time around. We still have our days and moments with all the kiddos, but most of it's just normal family of 6 and dealing with siblings getting along etc. Our FD is 9.5 and our FS is 5 in a few days. I'm appreciating more that we had that month and a half off before they came to stay with us to do the Trauma training, because it was so helpful and has helped my outlook on behaviors that before might have been handled differently. Not sure how long they'll be with us, but were enjoying them being a part of our family.
I can't tell you how complete my life feels being a Foster Parent. It brings out my true, old self. My name means "strong and mighty one" and I keep forgetting that. But I have been fighting and advocating for these kids with so many different aspects of their life. I have to be the one that makes sure they have a voice. It's very empowering. These kiddos are our future in society and if things don't change or get fixed now as youth, when will it ever get better. No spiritual warfare attacks this time, at least in this aspect has not been under attack- that sermon series on Job was right before all the craziness at work and so luckily, but not unluckily, it's been focused there instead.
We shall see what 2014 holds for our family...
Tuesday, January 7, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So proud of you and Seavie growing your family in this way. My parents fostered during my high school years. It is such a blessing and a curse (please don't misinterpret). With it comes heartache when the kids move on for whatever reason! My foster sister still maintains somewhat of a relationship with my parents in fact just recently reaching out to friend my mom on facebook. My foster brother (whom I didn't know well as I was in college at that time) was killed shortly after his placement with my parents.
So proud of you and Seavie growing your family in this way. My parents fostered during my high school years. It is such a blessing and a curse (please don't misinterpret). With it comes heartache when the kids move on for whatever reason! My foster sister still maintains somewhat of a relationship with my parents in fact just recently reaching out to friend my mom on facebook. My foster brother (whom I didn't know well as I was in college at that time) was killed shortly after his placement with my parents.
Post a Comment