Grace had her last day of swimming lessons today, and after they were over, I let Braden run through the fountains in his clothes. He was overjoyed! He was squealing and running and laughing and playing. It made me wish that I could join in :) Then Grace joined in, and they laughed and played until it was time to go home. I wish that I would have had my camera, because it was so cute to see how joyful they were!
Lately the lightning bugs have been out at night, and the kids have been facinated with them. Braden calls them "light-ming bugs" He caught one the other night and just giggled and laughed at this new "buggle" that he discovered.
They get excited about sidewalk chalk, and walks to the park, and getting popcicles from the store. Playing in the sprinkler, spraying each other with the hose, it's what life's all about.
These little things don't seem like much, but in a child's world, every day is a new day full of adventure and laughter and new experiences. It makes me appreciate all the small things in life, and watching my kids experience these summer joys, makes me feel like a child again when I see it through their eyes!
1 comment:
I couldn't have worded it better myself. Experiencing all the joys of summer along side my children has truly brought the kid out in me again. I am glad you are enjoying your summer!
Post a Comment