Monday, September 27, 2010

September in Review

I didn't realize it had been so long since I wrote last, until my dear friend Katy reminded me :)
September has been a busy month!!!

*It started off with Braden starting pre-school 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hrs at at time. His cousin as well as a friend of his from church are also in his class. He attends a different pre-s than Grace did, which has been a good change. They have a bible based curriculum, which I was really excited about, and he's in a class with all older 3's and young 4's, so there's not a giant age difference.

*Grace went to her first skating party of this school year. She did a little bit better, but is still totally content to hang on to the side of the wall with the railing and go around that way. Where as Braden put the skates on and took off, very adventurous. So I know they will probably be polar opposites when sports are involved.

*Grace started her first all Ballet class this month. She had done combo classes of tap/ballet/tumbling the last 3 years, and is now old enough that she got to choose her favorite, and she chose ballet. She loves dance, and it's been really good for her.

*Grace got tested for her reading again this year in school, and tested on the 4th grade reading level as a 2nd grader. Last year as a 1st grader, she tested on 3rd/4th grade level. They want her to read up to several grade levels ahead to keep challenging her so she can increase her vocabulary etc. We are so thrilled for her!

*The kids also started back at awana's and are loving it. I did awana's growing up from 3rd-5th grade and had a blast. It's nice that they can be in the same activity and learn more bible stories and verses as well as have fun. The plus side of them both being there, is that it gives Seavie
and I, a date night every week for 1 1/2 hours. Something we haven't had the luxury of in a very long time. So for the next 5 years we have that to look forward to :)

*Braden celebrated his 4th B'day just 2 weeks ago. My little man is growing up too fast. He's all boy-can't resist digging in the dirt and making mud; stomping in puddles; you name it, he loves it. He loves to dress himself, and his outfits don't always match, but he's so proud of himself. He really only likes to eat the same thing every day for lunch-cheese quesadilla's with ranch dip and applesauce.

*We went to the local S.Festival in town a few weeks ago, which is our annual tradition. The kids got to do pony rides, crafts, ride the paddle boat with me, get free sno cones, and look at some fun crafts. We all had a blast, and it was great time together with just our family.

*Braden and I are back at cbs. And I'm currently studying the book of Revelations, which has been great so far. B has his own kids class where they learn a bible story and have a lesson every week. This is my 6th year there. For B, it's practically like an extra day of pre-school :)

*Last weekend our family had the fun time of riding with my father in law in their town parade, since he's a councilman. The kids got to toss candy as we were driving, and it was absolutely hilarious. My nephew would toss it out, and then say, "you're welcome", or toss it at their face. Lots of candy ended up in the car, so we had to help them toss it out. Seavie and I got to ride in the 3rd row seat, or as we jokingly called it, the "rumble seat". Don't worry we kept it PG :)
After the parade, the kids got to do carnival rides and decorate pumpkins. It was a fun day!

*I'm so excited for all the fall shows to be back. My absolute favorites are: Chuck (still a little sad he cut his hair), Castle, Parenthood, Big Bang Theory (which we just started last season, but it's hilarious), 30 Rock, Office, The Mentalist, and Amazing Race. We also like CSI:Miami and NY, but I can only watch them when it's not too graphic. Comedies are my favorite, but I like the shows that make you think as well.

That about wraps up the month of September for our family. Stay tuned for posts about Grace's 8th B'day coming this weekend, and our annual trip to the Apple Festival.

No comments: