It was an experience in itself being there and seeing the store packed with families and coming out with bags and bags of stuff. But that could be any store at the mall really. I have this crazy thing that I used to absolutely love the mall and shop there all the time in HS and college. But since then it just hasn't appealed to me. I just don't do well in crowds of masses of people. It freaks me out. So people watching is my fun thing that I love to do around large groups of people. We must have been the only people walking out of the store without anything. Seavie refused to come into the store, and just stayed in the car with Braden because it was overwhelming to him too.
I talked to someone the other day who bought her 6 yr old daughter 6 dolls @$100 a piece, plus outfits and accessories. She just said that she had asked for them, so she just got them for her. I have no problem with the dolls and the store. I think it's cute and fun. I do think there is a lesson to be learned for parents so that their kids don't grow up having a sense of entitlement. Meaning just because they want something right this very moment, doesn't means that mommy or daddy will buy it for them. This goes for toys, clothes, phones, etc. Not to say that you can't buy your kids nice things, because every parent wants that for their children. But especially at that age, to make them realize what it means to buy that item. To be able to earn an allowance, to save up money to buy a special item etc. Just my food for thought for the day...
1 comment:
shelby has a hand me down felicity whose arm and leg fell off. she is dying for one. i think it will be her next big gift. i wish we'd have done it this christmas...next. we love the books and movies too!
Post a Comment