I was thinking this morning, has it really been 10 years, but yes, it has. We had dated for almost 3 1/2 years, and then after getting engaged- had an 8 1/2 month long engagement. I think 6 months or less would have been great, but it all worked out okay in the end, because we're counting down the months to our 10 year anniversary next spring!!!
Monday, July 4, 2011
7.4.01
10 years ago today was the best Forth of July imaginable, but first, fast forward to the week before, on my 20th birthday. I was so excited for what my birthday present from Seavie would be, because I had a sneaking suspicion that he was going to propose soon. So what do I get on my birthday, but a gold watch. I was not a happy camper, and told him how upset I was. So then imagine my suprise a week later... I had to work that day, and my evil boss at Lowe's would not let me go home early, even though I told him I had dinner plans, and we were not busy. So what did I do, but clock out early, and seriously run out the front door when they weren't looking. Like I was really going to stick around, and miss out on my dinner date with my sweetie. So I had just enough time to get home, get cleaned up, and put my cute little brown dress on with my platform brown strappy shoes. Seavie picked me up, and had a dozen long stemmed roses for me. He took me to eat at "The Bristol" at Town Center Plaza, and after dinner, before we had dessert, he came over to my side of the table, got down on one knee, and opened up the ring box, and asked me to be his wife. I was so excited, and immediately said yes, and we kissed and held each other for a few minutes. After dinner, we stopped by his parents house, and they had stepped out, but had written me a sweet letter, welcoming me into the family. We then packed up a blanket and drinks, and headed out to SM Park for the local fireworks display. Which was just amazing. I teased him later on that he should have proposed at the fireworks display which was very romantic- he said he originally was, but was so nervous at the restaurant that he proposed then instead. It was still very sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too sweet! You have a good husband in Seavie! Here's to you and him and many more years!
love ya, Katy
Post a Comment