Monday, July 25, 2011

My newest project

Empty frame wall art... I've been looking for fun and relatively inexpensive ideas to do for wall art for our living room. We're going to be re-painting the living room soon, and need some new decor. So I came across this idea on a google search. Basically all you do is mix different shaped frames, with an equal number of plain, versus decorative and mix them up into a design. I layed mine all out, so it's balanced visually and with the patterns etc. Hoping to spray paint them this week with an Antique White. Not too bad for about $20 worth of thrift stores picture frames :)

2 comments:

Christine said...

Too, too funny! This is the same project (still in the works) that I am wanting to finish for above our headboard in the master bedroom. I have one HUGE, beautiful focal frame and I am wanting others that will compliment it. I would love to show you so you can keep in eye out for me when you are out thrifting :)

jeanna said...

love love love...i have big plans for some empty frame projects too, but i can't find them cheap enough.