Beth made the trip up for my 30th birthday party-drove almost 3 hours, just to spend 3 1/2 hours with me, and then drive 3 hours back late at night, to help me celebrate my birthday. That to me is absolute devotion and dedication to a friend!!!
Beth, our friend Christi, and I all have our birthday's just within a week apart, so every year since college, we've always made it a point to remember each other's b'days and send cards, or a small gift. This past weekend, was Beth's b'day, and so on Friday, I happened to get off work early, and made the drive to help her celebrate. Christi was there with her family, and we hadn't seen each other in 4-5 years, but it was like no time had passed at all. It was great being there together with 2 of my very best friends. It didn't seem possible that it's been almost 12 years since we were the young college girls. It was so fun seeing them interact with their families, and see them as mom's. They are still so very true to the women they've always been.
I cherish our friendships, and we've been through so much together, it has brought us all together. They have always been genuine, down to earth, always true to themselves, never fake around other people. That is what I love in a friend.
So I had a great mini weekend visit with Beth, and got to stay up late chatting about old times, and current times. Then drove back the next morning to see my family. It was a wonderful weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment