Grace had a fun filled last week of school, and made lots of good memories. She had awards day, field day, zoo field trip day, movie day, and an all school party day. I know it sounds like she probably didn't learn very much the last week, and maybe she didn't, but that's okay. She did get the most amazing week with all her best friends at school, that it was their last time to be together until 5 years from now, when they go to middle school.
Grace finished up her last day of Second grade on Tuesday. It was a bittersweet day, since her school is now closed permanently due to school budget cuts. She got her teacher a nice little gift, and made her a card. They had a half day, so Braden and I walked up there to get her, one last time. We said goodbye to her K, 1st and 2nd grade teachers, since they'll all be going to different schools next year. I'm so sad that Braden won't have the opportunity to have them as teachers when he goes to K in a year. They are all amazing women, and women of faith. We played at the playground, and when it started to get chilly, and all the crazy storm clouds came in, we got home quick before we got rained on. Before we left to go for ice cream, Grace broke down crying, poor little girl was so upset about her school closing and her friends leaving, she just sobbed. It was so hard to see her little heart break. I assured her, she would get to see all her friends over the summer and for her b'day this fall, and that cheered her up. I suprised them by taking them to Peachwave, which just opened by our house. They were so thrilled! It was a nice way to end a bittersweet day! I can't believe my little girl will be a 3rd grader this fall! and my little man in Pre-K!
No comments:
Post a Comment