Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Walk for Life and Mother's Day weekend

I had my walk for life saturday morning, and it went great! The weather was absolutely perfect. I ended up raising $1820.00, and my goal was $1000. I was completely blown away by the generous donation of a friend from bible study. It made me look forward to the day that we can be debt free, and give so much more freely to organizations, church, friends in need, like she did. Also 2 awesome things from the walk. Since I was the very first person to register this year, I got a free Chris Tomlin cd from K-love :) and I was entered in a drawing to win a free Garmin nuvi (garmin donated one for the walk), for getting over $1000 in donations..... and I WON! yay!!! I have always wanted one, and now my wish has come true. The only time I plan to use it is when we go out of state to travel. Since I pretty much grew up where we live, I know my way around without a map. My sister in law walked with me, and was very brave and pushed her 2 boys (probably 70+lbs in a double stroller) for 2 miles, at 9 months pregnant. I offered to push it for her, but she said she was okay. I think it all worked out okay for her though, because she just delivered her sweet baby boy, Holden this morning. He was born 3 weeks early, but was perfectly healthy, and just a beautiful baby.

This was probably one of the best years for Mother's Day yet. In the past, especially when we first got married, it was a touchy issue, mainly for me. That in the last 2 years, we've decided to keep the day of, just for our family of 4, and celebrate with our moms individually the day before. I think it's worked out great. My sister and I took my mom out to lunch Saturday at Mimi's Cafe, and had a good time talking with yummy food. Then we went to the mall afterwards and I had a Forever 21 gift card from Christmas my parents had given me, that I used to buy 3 cute new summer tops. I can't remember the last time I bought something at the mall, but I was in love with this store. The dressing room area, was beautiful to say the least. And the jewelry area, just perfectly designed. We went out to Seavie's parents for dinner and spent a few hours out there, and had a really good time. My mother in law was sweet as can be, and loved her present (which isn't always the case) but I was so glad everything went over well. The next morning, day of, Seavie made me breakfast in bed for the first time ever. I've only been asking him the last several years. We went to church, and then came home, played in the yard, with the dogs. The kids took a 4 hour nap, so it was a nice chance to rest and relax. Then we went to dinner at Granite City, which kids eat free on Sunday 5-close, which we didn't know, but was awesome to have that taken care of. And then Peachwave, my new love, for dessert. Since they just opened, we had a $3 off, plus a 30% off discount they were having for mother's day, so we got $10 of ice cream, for only $4. It was amazing. Totally loved it over orange leaf or green apple.
All in all, it was a great weekend. I feel so blessed to be the mom of an almost 5 and 9 year old. I'm so glad that God gave them to me, to be their mother.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Megan,
I am so thrilled for you that your donation total far exceeded your personal goal! Congrats on becoming an aunt again. I like the name Holden.

Megan said...

thank you Christine!

Katy said...

Megan,
Good for you on the walk! And I am so glad you got breakfast in bed too,my boys spoiled me this year too!!!!